Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cassie the Shopper: An Introduction.

I love to shop. I'm fairly sure I have inherited my love of fashion and shopping from my mother (she's very stylish). Growing up in the northeast, where winters are harsh, I remember bundling up and heading to the mall with my mother when we were bored. Sometimes to buy, sometimes just to window shop.


We're recreational shoppers. Rarely do I buy because I need; I have too many fabulous, timeless items in my closet that will live through multiple seasons. I buy because something is unique, because I have the money to spend, or because something looks fabulous on me- like these Easy Money 'Bitsy' Boot Cut Stretch Jeans. They are my FAVORITE. In these, I suddenly have long, lean legs! SOLD!




I pride myself on not being an impulsive buyer although I do own one or two items that, months after the purchase, I realize were a waste. But, I try to make the best of it. I'm not afraid to return anything that I'm unhappy with; even if it takes me two weeks to contemplate whether I really do want that gorgeous shirt that just doesn't fit perfectly.


My favorite things to buy:


  • Jeans: I'm not a complete jean snob. It goes without saying that some denim quality is better than others. Higher priced jeans will have nicer denim and probably a better fit. But price isn't everything; it's all about fit. 
  • Shoes: I have the hardest time finding shoes. I have fat, flat and wide feet. It's horrible. But I make it work and have quite the shoe collection. 
  • Bags: I will not buy anything with a label, letter or flower. Vera Bradley? Not for me. Can you say grandma? I typically buy my bags at thrift stores or T.J. Maxx. 
  • Makeup: If I had the money, I'd be buying everything at Sephora. I purchase most things at the drugstore and make it work. I think most products at the drugstore are the same as the more expensive brands. Only some products are worth the splurge. 




My least favorite things to buy:
Bathing-suits (Pretty sure that's everyone's least favorite! Except, maybe Gisele!)


I hope you will find my posts interesting and my tips useful as I begin my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment